Friday 12 November 2010

Rolled flowers tutorial

A few gals have been asking me about the flowers that were on the recent layout that we did at club a few weeks ago.  Ive found the flower tutorial for the rolled flowers on this blog - (sorry I don't know the blog holders name! so apologies but thanks for the tutorial!)

Flower tutorial


They were basically created using a 3" square, cut into a spiral and rolled.  The lighter colour ones were cut using a pair of wavy edge sizzors.  There were a lot more flowers when I started, but unfortunatly Millie our cat took a shine to them and knicked a few before I had a chance to glue them in position.......

The lace that you can just see in the second photo, is actually white paper lace, I just used the back of a spoon to run it along a Tim Holtz distress ink in antique linen.

The photo is one we took in Majorca, a lovely alley with adobe walls, the sepia is slightly darker than I would have liked, so Ill probably lighten it slightly and re-do the photo again.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment